- Design New
The need for human connection is a biological and social imperative; loneliness is a warning signal to satisfy that need by seeking out other human beings.
- Fostering Interaction
- Engaging Participants
Generations United gratefully acknowledges The Eisner Foundation for its support of this Toolkit.
Very special thank you to Nancy Z. Henkin, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, Generations United for her dedicated and exceptional work researching and writing the Toolkit.
Thanks to the following members of our Advisory Committee and Kitchen Cabinet*, whose knowledge, experience, insights, and examples were invaluable in the development of this Toolkit.
- Doug Barnes, Architect, Zimmerman Architectural Studios
- Cathy Choi, Senior Director of Programs, The Eisner Foundation
- Amy Goyer, National Family and Caregiving Expert, Author, and Consultant
- Marie Hoover, Director of the Intergenerational Learning Center, Providence Mount St. Vincent*
- Scott Ito, Special Projects Manager, Little Tokyo Service Center
- Shannon E. Jarrott, Ph.D., Professor, College of Social Work, The Ohio State University
- Matt Kaplan, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology and Education, Pennsylvania State University
- Suzanne Lair, Site Principal, Jenks West Elementary
- Keith Liederman, Ph.D., Chief Executive Office, Kingsley House, Inc.*
- Chelsea Mason, Director of External Affairs, The Eisner Foundation
- Dawn Meyerski, Executive Director, Kisco Child Care Center
- Neda Norouzi, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, University of Texas, San Antonio
- Jody Schumann, Director of Child Care, Ebenezer Ridges Child Care*
- Anna Swift, Director of Adult Day Care, ONEgeneration
- Joanne Thomson, President/CEO, Benevilla
We also extend our thanks to others in the intergenerational field who shared their expertise related to specific topic areas:
- Lori Grzybowski, Community Services Liaison, St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care
- Jeni Hoover, Director of Kendal Early Learning Center, Kendal at Oberlin
- Anita Rogers, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, Generations United
- Casey Rozanski, Former Vice President of Fund Development & Marketing, St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care
- Mariano Sanchez, Ph.D., Head of the Macrosad Chair in Intergenerational Studies at the University of Granada, Spain
- Derenda Schubert, Ph.D., Executive Director, Bridge Meadows
- Elizabeth Speidel, Intergenerational Program Manager, Champion Intergenerational Center
- Sabrina Written, Director of Marketing & Communications, Kingsley House, Inc.
Finally, this Toolkit would not exist without the ongoing support and coordination provided by Generations United staff Donna Butts, Emily Patrick, and Sheri Steinig.
Web site design: Six Half Dozen
Henkin, N. (2021). Sharing Our Space: A Toolkit for Developing and Enhancing Intergenerational Shared Sites. Generations United. http://www.sharingourspace.org/